[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV & ATrpms, nvidia-graphics-devel, CVS rpms

Jeff mythtv at maniclogic.org
Mon Apr 5 17:51:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05 Axel wrote:
[snip]

> > > Why did you compile CVS? For XvMC support? There is XvMC for nvidia in
> > > the myth-cvs rpms. If you are a CVS builder, please consider testing
> > > the CVS rpms, so any packaging bugs can be found (but please, don't
> > > report packaging bugs here, but either at atrpms-(users|devel) or in
> > > private. See also the top notes at the myth-cvs URL). Thanks!

[snip]
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Axel - can you give some guidance as to what is in some of these packages.  I'd
be willing to give them a try instead of building from CVS, but don't know what
is needed versus not needed.  The plugins are obvious, but what are the
differences between:

* mythtv / mythtv-frontend / mythtv-backend
* libmyth-devel / libmyth

Do I need to grab all of them ?
Where do these end up /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin ?