[mythtv-users] Actisys IR-200L and Scientific Atlanta 3100

Bill Bradley wbradley at bham.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 10:17:02 EDT 2004

Hey I struggled with this for the better part of 2 months. I had the same
problem with the 3250.  I tried the home transmitter but my soldering skills
sucked and I couldn't get it to work.  I bought the IR200L , also didn't work
(but I knew this in advance).  Solution......Went to cable company
(Brighthouse aka Time Warner) and asked for an SA Explorer 2000.  Luckily
they had one.  They were a little curious as to why I would want the older,
bigger, slower box but gave it me anyway.  Hooked it up and it works like a
charm with the IR200L.  I just got tired of messing about with the soldering
iron and LIRC.

I know this isn't the answer you may have been looking for, but it worked for
me.  Also I think somebody on this list is working on a way to control these
newer boxes via the USB keyboard port, since you can plug a keyboard in and
change channels.

good luck...
bill bradley