[mythtv-users] Actisys IR-200L and Scientific Atlanta 3100

Garry garry at sneakyninja.net
Mon Apr 5 13:03:31 EDT 2004

Khanh Tran wrote:

>Has anyone actually gotten this to work?  I've got an actisys IR-200L+
>and I'm trying to get it to send IR codes to a ScientificAtlanta (SA
>4200 explorer) cable box.  I've tried both the lirc supplied SA2000
>codes, my own irrecord codes from the original remote, as well as the
>tin foil trick.  Nothing seems to work!  I am using the lirc_sir kernel
>module.
>
>Thanks to all...
>
>-Khanh Tran
>

>Carlos Cordero ccstx at charter.net
>Sat Feb 28 13:33:41 EST 2004
>
>Could anybody confirm if the IR-200L and the SA3100 work together just
>by
>putting some aluminum foil?
>
>Thanks
>
>c.
>

>--------------------------
>Can I get pictures of the ir200l with the tin-foil, here I am making a
>list to create my own ir transmitter (I found the thread about lirc_sir
>
>being hardcoded at 38K and lirc_serial not supporting the ir200L) and
>all I needed was tin-foil. I'll try anything before pulling out the hot
>
>gun.
>
>Adrian Gomez
>

>On Jan 17, 2004, at 12:03 PM, Bill Pinto wrote:
>

>>I guess not.  It works now.  I have the channel change script set to a
>>

>>0.2 second sleep and it doesn't fail.  It can be a little picky about
>>

>>the placement of the IR200L.  Mine works best about  10-12" away from
>>

>>the receiver.
>>
>>Stuart Felenstein wrote:
>>

>>>So the frequency issue of lirc_sir being hardcoded at 38000 and the
>>>the 3100 at 57000 makes no difference because of the tin foil ?
>>> Stuart
>>>
>>>*/Bill Pinto <

>bill.pinto at charter.net>/* wrote:
>

>>>    I have myth 0.13 running on Fedora (thanks Jarod and Axel) but
>>>    haven't
>>>    been able to get the IR200L to work until now.
>>>
>>>    I followed Robert Wambles HOW-TO but it wouldn't work until I put
>>>    some
>>>    aluminum foil on top of the IR200L sticking out about 1/2" or so.

>>>    read somehwere in another post about someone doing this for some
>>>    other
>>>    problem. It actually works.
>>>
>>>    I am using the stock SA2000 config file from LIRC. I did not add
>>>

>>>the
>>>    frequency line, which supposedly doesn't do anything anyway.
>>>

>>>    BTW: thanks development team.

>mythtv-users
>at mythtv.org

>mythtv-users at
>mythtv.org

>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

I'm afraid I gave up trying to get mine to work.

Lucky for me though, I could use the redremote serial device (kind of a
standalone blaster that only requires one program to run, no configs and
doesn't interfere with my already working lirc remote control).

Sorry I couldn't offer any advice, but at least you know you're not alone!

Good luck...

Garry.

--
"From yourself, you can't run away." - Killswitch Engage.