[mythtv-users] Converting Fedora Core dvd to ide-scsi emulation?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Sun Apr 4 12:14:39 EDT 2004

In general (AFAIK -- I'm not too far from newbie myself) hard drives are
labeled as follows:

Primary IDE interface master: hda
Primary IDE interface slave: hdb
Secondary IDE interface master: hdc
Secondary IDE interface slave: hdd

... And so on for any additional IDE interfaces you have in the machine.

If, for example, your DVD burner is the master on the secondary IDE
interface, you would add "hdc=ide-scsi" as a kernel parameter.