[mythtv-users] Converting Fedora Core dvd to ide-scsi emulation?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 11:46:57 EDT 2004

I recently installed a dvd burner in my myth box after growing tired of
waiting for 6-8 hours for my windows box to re-encode every movie and I have
a question on configuring the box for using the ide-scsi emulation layer.
The dvd drive does work however it only writes at ~1x. (drive is a 4x) I
assume this is because my fstab has the burner as /dev/cdrom and is using
ide directly to access the drive.

I configured the box using Jarod's excellent howto and I am still somewhat
of a newbie so I am at somewhat of a loss as to the proper way to convert it
to using the ide-scsi layer.

The instructions call for either passing a hdX=ide-scsi argument to the
kernel or to make several changes to my modules.conf file. Since nothing in
my setup refers to the drive as a hd(anything) what should I change? What is
the best way to do this? Is there a good howto hiding out there somewhere?

TIA,

Bill