[mythtv-users] pcHDTV & ATrpms, nvidia-graphics-devel, CVS rpms (was: newbie pcHDTV questions)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Apr 3 03:50:09 EST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 03:18:58PM -0700, John Patrick Poet wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Daniel Walton wrote:
> > thavformat-0.15 -lfreetype -lmp3lame -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXinerama -lXv -lX11
> > -lXext -lXxf86vm -lXvMCNVIDIA -lXvMC -lXv -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm -lpthread
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXvMCNVIDIA
> >
> > Is the compiler looking for libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.4363 or
> > libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 or something else?
>

> Given the error message you provided, it would be looking for
> libXvMCNVIDIA.so or libXvMCNVIDIA.a.

Exactly.

> Usually there will be a softlink from libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.4363 to
> libXvMCNVIDIA.so.  You could do this yourself by issuing the
> following command:
>
> ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/nvidia-graphics-1.0-4363/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.4363 \
>    /usr/X11R6/lib/nvidia-graphics-1.0-4363/libXvMCNVIDIA.so
>
> the '\' is in there because the command spans more than one line... If you
> issue it as all one long line, get ride of the '\'.

These symlinks and *.a libs are part of nvidia-graphics-devel* rpms files.

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:53:57PM -0500, Daniel Walton wrote:
> For reference for anyone installing this card in the future, here are some notes
> I took while using Jarod's guide to setup my hdtv card:
>
> Step 7 - Don't install the ATrpms kernel, the hd drivers won't compile with it.
> The only kernel I found that would compile and install the drivers without a
> hitch was 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl.  I tried Knoppmyth R4V2 but the box locks up
> whenever you try to install the drivers.

Please try to get it working with v4l2 (which is what differs the
ATrpms' kernels from the standards ones). Perhaps the drivers for 2.6
are more adequate. Or maybe there a v4l2 developement versions for the
drivers available. If you have success in building drivers against
ATrpms' kernels, please let me have your recipe! :)

> Step 10 - "apt-get install mythtv-suite" put all of my myth* executables in
> /usr/bin but when I compiled and installed the latest CVS they went into
> /usr/local/bin.  I soft linked the /usr/bin ones to clean this up.

Why did you compile CVS? For XvMC support? There is XvMC for nvidia in
the myth-cvs rpms. If you are a CVS builder, please consider testing
the CVS rpms, so any packaging bugs can be found (but please, don't
report packaging bugs here, but either at atrpms-(users|devel) or in
private. See also the top notes at the myth-cvs URL). Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net