[mythtv-users] pcHDTV & ATrpms, nvidia-graphics-devel, CVS rpms (was: newbie pcHDTV questions)

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Mon Apr 5 11:38:43 EDT 2004

> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:53:57PM -0500, Daniel Walton wrote:
> > For reference for anyone installing this card in the future, here are some notes
> > I took while using Jarod's guide to setup my hdtv card:
> >
> > Step 7 - Don't install the ATrpms kernel, the hd drivers won't compile with it.
> > The only kernel I found that would compile and install the drivers without a
> > hitch was 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl.  I tried Knoppmyth R4V2 but the box locks up
> > whenever you try to install the drivers.
>
> Please try to get it working with v4l2 (which is what differs the
> ATrpms' kernels from the standards ones). Perhaps the drivers for 2.6
> are more adequate. Or maybe there a v4l2 developement versions for the
> drivers available. If you have success in building drivers against
> ATrpms' kernels, please let me have your recipe! :)

I tried a couple of times but the i2c differences seem to be a bit much to
overcome.

> > Step 10 - "apt-get install mythtv-suite" put all of my myth* executables in
> > /usr/bin but when I compiled and installed the latest CVS they went into
> > /usr/local/bin.  I soft linked the /usr/bin ones to clean this up.
>
> Why did you compile CVS? For XvMC support? There is XvMC for nvidia in
> the myth-cvs rpms. If you are a CVS builder, please consider testing
> the CVS rpms, so any packaging bugs can be found (but please, don't
> report packaging bugs here, but either at atrpms-(users|devel) or in
> private. See also the top notes at the myth-cvs URL). Thanks!

I read in the boards that if you are trying to do hdtv then you really need to
run cvs since there have been a lot of bug fixes since v14.  That I and may want
to play around in the code some so I figured I would go ahead and do a cvs
build.

thx
Daniel