[mythtv-users] Which distro easier? Mandrake10 or Fedora? HavePVR250 & Cmedia audio card

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Thu Apr 1 17:48:39 EST 2004

If you are an experienced user, truth is, you can use any distribution you
want, providing that there are packages available for the MythTV
prerequisites.

However, seeing as though you're asking the questions you're asking,
chances are, you're quite new Linux.  This is OKAY.  This stuff isn't
simple to learn! Just that you need to find something that is more "put
together" already, with all the pieces you need to get started.

I started with KnoppMyth, and found it to be VERY complete.  It had
everything I needed (minus a few things, like a driver update i needed) to
get MythTV 0.14 up and running.

With *ANY* distribution you use, there can and will be configuration work
that you need to do - that may or may not be documented.  As with any open
source project, it is ALWAYS going to be a work in progress, and there may
be problems along the way that you'll have to fix, or be able to obtain
help from someone who is knowledgable with Linux, and even better,
possibly someone who has previously configured MythTV on KnoppMyth.

Might I suggest hitting this url:

http://www.mysettopbox.tv

That is the KnoppMyth site..  There is a web forum available there -
and the information in it is very useful in getting your Myth box up and
running.

Hope this helps!

Chad