[mythtv-users] Need help picking out new motherboard / cpu

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:59:23 EST 2004

>From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Need help picking out new motherboard / cpu
>Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:17:52 -0800

Jarod,

I don't know if that is necessarily true.  This link:

http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xfree86.org/msg01623.html

tends to indicate that XvMC support for HDTV is present in the
nVidia driver.  I would think that it would not be supported in
the PVR-350 because the MPEG handling for that hardware is
geared to the resolution that it can handle.  The nVidia cards are
supposed to handle much higher resolutions and so you would
expect the MPEG accelleration to work up to the max resolution.

Perhaps a better statement for the GF4 would be "no one is
using it yet".    ;-)

-- Harry O.