[mythtv-users] Notes for Jarod's guide

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 13:59:50 EST 2004

> The first problem was permissions on the mysql database when
> using the ppv.pl script to get DirecTv movie info (for
> section 13).  The standard mythtv script to create the
> database automatically adds permissions for the user
> mythtv at localhost.  I had problems running the ppv.pl script
> until I added an additional permission for
> "mythtv at 127.0.0.1".  Yes this should be equivalent to what's
> already there, but mysql kept denying access from
> localhost.localdomain.  Somehow it maps 127.0.0.1 to that
> instead of to localhost.

Another thing you will run into with ppv.pl is that you have to remove the
ppv entries from the database before attempting to import additional xmltv
data. My update script is as follows (fill in your own path as required) :

ppv.pl 1
mythfilldatabase
ppv.pl 1
ppv.pl 2

If you dont do this, you will appear to be importing data but
mythfilldatabase will think it already has data for all 9 days and will not
actually import anything.

Bill