[mythtv-users] gmdsetup

Jeff mythtv at maniclogic.org
Thu Apr 1 12:49:30 EST 2004

Quoting Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com>

> On Mar 30, 2004, at 08:11, Daniel Walton wrote:
>
> > ok so spelling it correctly does allow me to pull up the tool but it
> > doesn't seem to be working.  I selected to login my mythtv user after 5
> > seconds but when I boot the machine I get the normal Fedora Core login page
> > (gray box in the middle of the screen with a clock on the right hand side)
> > but it never automatically logs me in.  Are there any other settings that I
> > need to tweak?
>
> Ah! Just read closer... The grey box in the middle of the screen with
> the clock is NOT the normal Fedora Core login page. That's kdm, not
> gdm, probably as a result of upgrading KDE from kde-redhat. I'm not
> positive what the tool to use with kdm for auto-login is. I like how
> the FC1 gdm theme looks better, so I have always switched back to it
> (edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop and change DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE to
> DISPLAYMANAGER=GNOME, IIRC, then init 3 && init 5 or reboot).

Found this while trying to do auto-login w/WindowMaker: open up an xterm and run
kcontrol.  This brings up the KDE control center.  On System->Login Manager are
all the goodies for doing auto-login, etc.

Note:
If you are not currently logged in as a superuser, you will need to click the
Administrator Mode Button. You will then be asked for a superuser password.
Entering a correct password will allow you to modify the settings of this
module.

See:
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.2/kdebase/kdm/configuring-kdm.html
for more details.