[mythtv-users] Anyone familiar with Shuttle computers?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 12:27:57 EDT 2003

--- Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about these as a basis?
>
> They're good boxes, decent cooling (I've built a few, and have one on
> my
> desk at work).  keep in mind that they are *not* quieter than the
> average desktop - in fact, I'd say that they are as noisy as the
> average desktop (though much quieter than my dual athlon)

I had the same experience with the ss40g.  even with an athlon
xp 1900 underclocked, a pvr-250, and the fan slowed down, it's
still half-way between "acceptably quiet in the living room"
and "average desktop quiet".

aside from that it's a great box and I've had almost no problems
setting it up as a mythtv fe/be.

Josh