[mythtv-users] Re: TV-Out: AITech Scan Converter vs CX2587x

Fred byq1iis02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:38:08 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 23:13, Fred wrote:
> Right.  I'm concerned about it passing interlaced input through without
> doing a progressive conversion in between.

[...]

> I don't like the look of the phrase "non-interlaced resolutions".  That
> makes me wonder if it even accepts interlaced input.  I just sent an
> email to Communications Specialties to find out.

OK, I sent email to both Communication Specialties and GrandTec USA.
The responses I got back indicated:

     1. The Ultimate XP Pro does pass interlaced video through
        correctly.
     2. The Scan Do converters do NOT accept interlaced video.  (This is
        a show stopper for me.)

Whether #1 is actually true remains to be seen.  :)  I just ordered the
Ultimate XP Pro.

Fred