[mythtv-users] Re: TV-Out: AITech Scan Converter vs CX2587x

Fred byq1iis02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:13:52 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 21:20, martin dollenkp wrote:
> My guess is that svideo on a old Scan-Do would look better than component
> output of a Ultimate XP Pro, but that is just a guess since I have never
> tried one.

Okay, thanks for your opinion.

> What comes out of the scan converter should be interlaced video since that is
> its purpose to convert it to a tv signal, unless you mean something different
> by interlaced video.

Right.  I'm concerned about it passing interlaced input through without
doing a progressive conversion in between.  Here are the input specs for
the Scan Do Select, which looks like the modern incarnation of the Scan
Do 1024:

      * Sync frequency range: 31-71 kHz
        (320x200 to 1280x1024 @60 Hz), analog RGB, non-interlaced
        resolutions
      * Input impedance: RGB - 75 ohms
        Sync-high impedance
      * Input Sync types supported: Separate H&V, composite sync (with
        or without serration), Sync-on-green

I don't like the look of the phrase "non-interlaced resolutions".  That
makes me wonder if it even accepts interlaced input.  I just sent an
email to Communications Specialties to find out.

Fred