[mythtv-users] GF2 display with nvtv vs. GF4 native

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 12 11:37:00 EDT 2003

>>>>> John Wells writes:

j> I have a GF2 I'm using with nvtv to fix overscan, but the modes available
j> don't fit my 27" TV perfectly.  Since I also use this box for regular
j> computer stuff with the TV for the monitor, I'd like to have the screen be
j> as close to the actual display size as possible.  Otherwise, the corners
j> of the screen overflow and cannot be seen, so I'm unable to click certain
j> things.

        Have you tried fine-tuning using the "BT Calc" form of the GUI
in nvtv?  If you can get it "just right", you can save the settings
and then add a custom mode to the source so that you can restore
settings from the command line.  Read the "Making a new mode" section
in doc/USAGE of the nvtv source tree.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.