[mythtv-users] Recommendations for quiet Athlon cooling?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 4 11:50:36 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 05:13 US/Pacific, John Wells wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a low noise cooling solution for Athlons that
> actually cools?  I've heard nightmares regarding the Zalman zero-fan
> solutions, so I'm hestitant to go that route.
>
> Thanks for your input...

While some people have trashed Zalman stuff, I have to put in a good
word. I've got a Zalman flower heatsink, with the detached jumbo fan,
and it works quite well for me (I wouldn't go zero fan either). The
thing is almost dead silent, and I've had no problems to speak of, but
then its only cooling an XP 1700, soon to be replaced by a 2600, so
we'll see how it does at that point...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE