[mythtv-users] Power off

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Thu Sep 4 10:12:26 EDT 2003

> If ACPI is supported by the motherboard and the kernel, it is possible
> for a user-space daemon to read the power button. One such daemon is
> acpid, which runs a configurable script when the user pushes the button.
> See http://acpid.sourceforge.net
>
> /Mikael

I have this working on my EPIA M, in that the apcid daemon captures the
power off button event.  But what do I do with it?

I have found that just killing the frontend sometimes hoses the backend so
I don't want to just issue a poweroff command.  Is there a clean way to
tell mythfrontend to bail, like sending it a signal or something?

Thanks,
Larry