[mythtv-users] Writing VCD and SVCD

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Sep 3 09:19:50 EDT 2003

> Okay, I just have to ask, has anyone successfully produced a SVCD using
> the nuvexport program?  If so, can you please tell me the version of
> mpeg2enc you're using?  So far I can only get an audio stream out of my
> .nuv files; the video file is a zero-length file, so of course mplex
> fails.  Any help would be appreciated!

As Alan said, I've been able to do it just fine.  So has the author of
mythtranscode (who is using it - ffmpeg, not nuvexport - to make divx
rips).  The problem seems to be related to ffmpeg not properly
recognizing the raw video stream, which unfortunately is above my head.
But for general info, I'm using:

mpeg2enc is part of the mjpegtools-1.6.1-fr5 rpm (freshrpms)
ffmpeg reports 0.4.6 (hmmm, rpm says ffmpeg-0.4.7-0.20030701.1.fr)

so I guess that looks like I'm using a freshrpms cvs rpm of ffmpeg
0.4.7.  Basically, these are just whatever shows up when I run `apt-get
upgrate` (redhat 9).

-Chris