[mythtv-users] XBOX DCT2000 Questions.

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Tue Sep 2 16:30:50 EDT 2003

> 2) I am using a serial interface to a DCT2000 script to change the
> channel on my external cable box. The script takes several seconds to
> run, primarily because it has to wait for completion codes from the
> DCT2000. I was wondering if it is possible to call the script out of
> process so that the backend does not have to wait for the script to
> finish before myth invokes the channel change. If  this is is possible
> how I would accomplish this. (Be gentle)

can't you add an '&' to the script so it runs in the background?  I use
a .csh script that calls a .pl script in the background.  No frontend
lag, though I wish it would change the channel sooner in the process
rather than later -- as it seems it flushes the ringbuffer before
issuing the external change channel command.