[mythtv-users] Re:New MythTV/ATrpms guide

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 30 20:10:16 EST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 9:16 AM, Romel Llarena wrote:

> I also ran an install last night and got the .11 and
> not .12 suite. I made sure to remove the # from the
> apt-bleeding line.

Yet another bare-metal install by me to ensue later tonight. I'll see
what happens.

The 0.12 rpms will be officially release this weekend, according to
Axel. Not sure why people aren't getting them from the bleeding channel
right now, but they're only guaranteed to work after they are
officially released. :)

> .12 was installed by following the upgrade notes in
> Jarod's doco. Unfortunately, I got a funky SQL error
> which I should have written down. Myth comes up fine
> though (I've only used it for 5 minutes max). Will
> play with it more tonight.

Definitely let me know what you got. I had no problems with upgrading
from 0.11 to 0.12 myself, but...

> BTW, did you get LIRC working out-of-the box? It used
> to work for me during previous installs, but not
> anymore.

Hrm. Could be something to do with a change from lirc/irxevent to
native lirc... I'll have to check that also.

> It was cool to see MANY additions to the interface as
> well as the News module. Very cool.

Ditto.

> Axel, Jarod, and Isaac, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

And the numerous other folks contributing their code to the project. =]

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...