[mythtv-users] line encoded at bottom of every frame

Kevin Chmilar kevin at chmilar.org
Wed Oct 29 11:41:53 EST 2003

I recently got a DCT2500 set top box and connected it to the S-Video
input on my capture card.  But now I get a line that is 2 or 3 pixels
thick appearing at the bottom of my screen.  It is also encoded into the
video stream, which really messes up the commercial detection feature.
The line is basically white but it is not constant -- pixels change
color.

This problem does not appear when I use the direct analog cable input to
the tuner on the capture card.  It only happens when the DCT is
connected.  I have tried connecting to the DCT to the S-Video, composite
and tuner (using channel 3) inputs and the problem appears on each
input.  I have tried 2 different capture cards, a bt8x8 based card and a
pvr-250.

When I hook the DCT directly to my television, the picture is fine -- no
line at the bottom.  So where is the line coming from?  It doesn't seem
to be generated by the DCT, yet it appears in the video stream encoded
by the pvr-250.

My capture resolution is set to 480x480 -- could that be the problem?

cheers,
kevin