[mythtv-users] Re: MythMusic - LAME "--r3mix" or --"alt-preset standard" option?

jason531 mythtv at hoocanhelp.com
Wed Oct 29 11:18:05 EST 2003

Thanks, Stefan.  I tried it (my version) last night and it worked for
me, too.

I looked at the updated version of the CVS and noticed you are still
calling lame_set_mode after you call lame_set_preset.  The preset sets
the mode to "joint stereo" so this is not necessary and actually
"corrupts" the preset (for lack of a better word).  The settings for
num_channels, in_samplerate, and out_samplerate shouldn't affect the
preset, however, as best as I can tell.

I really appreciate all of you development effort and am not trying to
be critical of your work.  It's just that if someone is picky enough to
use the preset then they probably don't want it altered.  Please see
http://www.chrismyden.com/uber/ for an example of the attitude I am
trying to describe (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-) ).

For my personal use, I will probably use the following:
Low -- CBR 128
Med -- STANDARD_FAST
High -- either STANDARD or EXTREME

Thanks again for all of your hard work.