[mythtv-users] why does the transcoding profile ask for resolution?

Arlo AClauser at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 10:46:55 EST 2003

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean that if you transcode you have no need
for the other profiles (high-quality, low-quality and default).
If the final resolution is determined by the transcode profile, why would I
use high or low quality.
It seems to me that you should just tell myth to transcode or not, with no
need for the Transcode profile. If you say transcode it would force your
record format to RTjpeg and your transcoded format to MPEG4, It would keep
the same resolution, quality, and sound settings.
Does that make sense?

Before you clarifiled, I thought that maybe the transcode profile was only
used by MPEG2 hardware encoders.

Thanks again.
-arlo-