[mythtv-users] RH9 and PVR-350: lirc and ivtv

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Wed Oct 29 04:37:08 EST 2003

And yes, ladies and gentleman, once again Jarod has proved that HE ROCKS!
:-)

> The lirc issue should be resolved now.
Indeed it is.. irw spits out stuff when I press buttons - I'm well happy!

I still need to play with the ivtv/framebuffer stuff, a project for tomorrow
I think.. am I right in saying it should be pretty easy to get the s-video
out working? Doing a "make" in the driver directory of the ivtv
alpha-decoder tgz it throws some error about modversions.h and "invalid
kernel header included in user space"... far too much to be dealing with at
this late hour :-S

Other other quickie.. seems if I run mythfrontend as root all's well, but
running it as the mythtv user, I get a blank screen as soon as I try to
watch live TV. ESC won't get me back to the menu, I have to kill
mythfrontend. Permissions problem I'm guessing, but not sure where?

Thanks again to Jarod - have you got a wishlist at Amazon, ThinkGeek,
anywhere?

Cheers
Paul