[mythtv-users] RH9 and PVR-350: lirc and ivtv

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 29 01:23:01 EST 2003

On Oct 28, 2003, at 6:06 PM, Paul Crick wrote:

> I've installed Myth following Jarod's HOWTO, the version from a couple
> of
> weeks back, which pretty much got me up and running. I was recording
> happily, and could watch stuff on my monitor. Thanks for the great
> HOWTO!

=]

> I couldn't get lirc to install, it complained about kernel version
> name/dependency issues but I wasn't too fussed, I was just playing.
> Now I'm
> ready to get serious though. My goal is to use the S-Video out on the
> PVR-350 as a frame buffer device, and get lirc working too.

The lirc issue should be resolved now.

> Reading through the mailing list it's my understanding that what I
> want IS
> possible, using alpha and/or CVS versions, but trying to install the
> alpha
> ivtv driver I'm getting compile errors. Before I jump in with long
> posts of
> what I've done and what's not working, has anyone else on the list
> taken
> Jarod's HOWTO then tweaked it or built on top of it to get ivtv and
> lirc
> working with the PVR-350?

 From rpms, you won't be able to get PVR-350 TV-Out working just yet,
but lirc definitely should work for you. (You can use the latest
decoder-alpha ivtv source to get TV-Out though).

Try:

1) # apt-get update
2) # apt-get install lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`  <--back-ticks, not
single-quotes
3) # apt-get install lirc

See if you're in business at that point... If not, please

# rpm -q lirc
# rpm -q lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`  <--again, back-ticks

and report the results. Again, lirc should work fine.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...