[mythtv-users] why does the transcoding profile ask for resolution?

Arlo AClauser at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 20:26:00 EST 2003

In myth 0.12 under [Setup]->[TV Settings]->[Recording Profiles] you can setup
"Transcoders" the RTjpeg/MPEG4 profile has some options that I find
confusing.

Why can I set the resolution under the transcoder? I thought the resolution
was already set via the "Software Encoders" profile (High-quality,
Low-quality, default)

Why can I select RTjpeg at the transcode format? Would you transcode from
MPEG4 to RTjpeg.

Why can I tell the trancode profile (in this case RTjpeg/MPEG4) to
"Automaticly transcode after recording"? would this not create an infinite
loop. I understand telling the Default or High-Quality profile to
"[X]Automaticly transcode after recording" but why is this an option under
the transcode profile?

Thanks for any help

-arlo-