[mythtv-users] MythMusic - LAME "--r3mix" or --"alt-preset standard" option?

jason531 mythtv at hoocanhelp.com
Mon Oct 27 13:13:35 EST 2003

I have a hardware mp3 player in my car (RioCar) so I am thrilled that version 0.12 supports mp3 encoding.  I am pretty picky, however, about how my mp3 files are encoded.  I prefer using VBR and have encoded all of my CDs (pre-Myth) using lame 3.91 with the "--r3mix" preset.  This preset has been replaced by "--alt-preset standard" in newer versions of lame.

How can I modify MythMusic to use this preset?  I have looked at the source code and it looks like it is using CBR.  There is a variable to turn on VBR but I haven't yet found (or spent much time looking) where this variable is set.  It would be great if I could specify the encoding command line via a text file or MySQL, but I am willing to modify the code and recompile if necessary.  It shouldn't be that hard since the preset is built into lame.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jason