[mythtv-users] xawtv only runs with "-noxv" arg; MythTV doesn't show video at all!

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Sun Oct 26 23:26:55 EST 2003

Hi,

To test my capture card setup, I installed xawtv, and tried to view some
TV on it.
When I run it as '$ xawtv' it gives me a segmentation fault, but running
it as '$ xawtv -noxv' it works just fine.
When I run MythTV, I can see the menus and guide okay, but when I click
'Watch TV', I just see a blank screen.
Are these two related?

I am running an Athlon 2000+, 512Mb, Debian woody 3.0r1 with XFree86
4.1.0 and no window manager yet (KDE etc.).
Kernel is 2.4.22 from kernel.org with v4l2 patches from bytesex.org.
I have two Mercury saa7130 capture cards as /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.
Video out is on an nVIDIA GeForce 420 with the latest nVIDIA Linux
drivers installed.

Thanks for your help,
Michael Kipper