[mythtv-users] Selecting Card to record with

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Oct 26 09:02:16 EST 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to determine is there is a way to select the tuner to
record with when marking a show to record. The reason I ask is a just
installed a PVR-250 card along side my software encoding BTTV card and I
can't figure out how to make sure a program I record uses the PVR250
card as opposed to the other card.

For the most part I would like to have the PVR250 as the default card
and the BTTV card as the backup card. This way I can burn the result
MPEG2 file from the PVR to DVD. I've looked into the advanced recording
screen but have not been able to find a card selection option.

Futher I could see a desire to have some shows recorded using the BTTV
card and others recorded with the PVR card (Perhaps the ones I may want
to burn to dvd). Watch live tv I would like to always use the BTTV card,
leaving the PVR card free to record with. I don't know if this is
possible but I haven't been able to find a solid answer in my search.

Greg

PS is there a way to remove a profile from 'Record Profiles'?