[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite package

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 24 12:37:50 EDT 2003

On Friday, Oct 24, 2003, at 06:18 US/Pacific, Ben Curtis wrote:

>> The prescribed method for getting the right stuff in place is to
>> follow
>> up your installation of atrpms-kickstart with "apt-get update &&
>> apt-get dist-upgrade", which should take care of everything for you.
>> The file you're after though, is /etc/apt/sources.list.
>>
>> I've checked with Axel, and he certainly has NOT left off freshrpms,
>> rather it seems you didn't run through the dist-upgrade after
>> installing atrpms-kickstart. Part of the dist-upgrade replaces
>> atrpms-kickstart with atrpms and apt proper, along with the
>> appropriately configured sources.list.
>
> Nope, I ran "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade"  Even checked my
> history to be sure.  I also have freshrpm's in that file you mentioned:
>
> # FreshRPMS for Red Hat Linux 9
> #rpm     file:/apt redhat/9/en/i386 freshrpms
> #rpm-src file:/apt redhat/9/en/i386 freshrpms
> rpm     http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 freshrpms
> #rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 freshrpms
>
> Along with a lot of other lines for other places.  Do I need to
> uncomment
> any of those lines?

It sounds like you have all the right lines in place, so I'm not quite
certain what's going on... Another person is reporting similar results,
so it would appear something recently broke in one of the apt repos...

Please try these lines out, and post the results:

# apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true install mythtv-suite
# apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true install mythvideo
# apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true install mythdvd
# apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true install mythmkmovie

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...