[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite package

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Fri Oct 24 10:18:44 EDT 2003

> The prescribed method for getting the right stuff in place is to follow
> up your installation of atrpms-kickstart with "apt-get update &&
> apt-get dist-upgrade", which should take care of everything for you.
> The file you're after though, is /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> I've checked with Axel, and he certainly has NOT left off freshrpms,
> rather it seems you didn't run through the dist-upgrade after
> installing atrpms-kickstart. Part of the dist-upgrade replaces
> atrpms-kickstart with atrpms and apt proper, along with the
> appropriately configured sources.list.
>
> --Jarod

Nope, I ran "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade"  Even checked my
history to be sure.  I also have freshrpm's in that file you mentioned:

# FreshRPMS for Red Hat Linux 9
#rpm     file:/apt redhat/9/en/i386 freshrpms
#rpm-src file:/apt redhat/9/en/i386 freshrpms
rpm     http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 freshrpms
#rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 freshrpms

Along with a lot of other lines for other places.  Do I need to uncomment
any of those lines?

Ben