[mythtv-users] WinTV GO

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Thu Oct 23 10:22:14 EDT 2003

Ok all here is the ending to this story.

After running "modprobe bttv" and "dmesg" the setup magically started
working and could now "probe" my Vid Cap Dev.
Perhaps this should be included in the setup for mythtv
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Im sure Ill be back talking to you soon
Jon

                      "Joseph A. Caputo"
                      <jcaputo1 at comcast.ne        To:       Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
                      t>                          cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  Re: [mythtv-users] WinTV GO
                      mythtv-users-bounces
                      @mythtv.org

                      10/23/2003 04:57 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

On Thursday 23 October 2003 14:31, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca wrote:
> Hey all,
> Thanks for the input,
> I looked at my lsmod and this was the output, along with other info i
> edited out for this message.
>
> Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
> tuner                  11808   1  (autoclean)
> tvaudio                15068   0  (autoclean) (unused)
> bttv                   74176   0  (unused)
> i2c-algo-bit            8872   1  [bttv]
> i2c-core               19172   0  [tuner tvaudio bttv i2c-algo-bit]
> videodev                8288   2  [bttv]
>
> I also looked in my hardware browser, where I saw under video capture
> devices, a bt878 Video capture using driver bttv.
> I donno, as far as I can tell this all looks ok.
> Unfortunately I still am not sure why I get the "couldn't open
> /dev/video0 to probe its sources" in mythtv setup

Could be a permissions problem... make sure the user you're running as
has access to /dev/video0.

-JAC