[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite package

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Thu Oct 23 10:34:01 EDT 2003

Thanks for the help guys.  It appears that when looking back through
things, apt-get failed while upgrading my distro.  Something must have
gone completely bonkers.  Just to be safe I just reinstalled redhat since
I had just started.

I ran apt-get again for mythtv and it failed, probably do to the FreshRPM
problem as stated before.  Since I hadn't read that email yet, I went
ahead and compiled the newest version.  I went this route because I also
had issues with the apt kernel screwing up my video drivers (FX5200, same
problem that one of the guide writers had).  So since I didn't do the apt
kernel, other stuff would not have worked.

Anyway, working through the mythfilldatabase right now, so hopefully
everything will run smooth from here.

Thanks,
Ben