[mythtv-users] mythvideo and irxevent

Per Åge Sørvik peraage at leneogperaage.com
Thu Oct 23 12:21:22 EDT 2003

James L. Paul wrote:

> As I type, the box is recording 2 shows at the same time and playing a
> different recorded show, CPU is under 50% on an Athlon 1.4. :)

With what settings (resolution, compression, bitrate,  scaled, encoding
type, quality settings). As stated, it doesn't really say much. Out of
curiosity, does decoding use much of your cpu cycles ? I've never found
it to be much, anything from 1-5% of CPU on anything from Athlon 1GHz to
Pentium IV 2.4GHz. Thats using Matrox G400/550 cards, ATI Radeons are a
different story, however.

--

peraage