[mythtv-users] TWO problems remote and

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Tue Oct 21 10:11:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Nick Deng wrote:

> Ok, I fix a few problems with lirc and it gives no error, but after I issued
> $ /usr/bin/irw
>
> In Jarod's tutorial says"
> You should get some output corresponding to the buttons you pressed. Hit ctrl-C to stop irw." I
> did not get any response. Then I just follow throught steps.

{mythbackend error question removed}

Assumption: This is with the PVR-x50 and it's IR receiver and remote?

Is your ivtv module loaded?  It is required since it is what lirc hooks
into.  I had the same problem because my ivtv won't load on boot due to
dependancy issues.  Rebooted, tried to test the remote and nothing.  It
was at this point that I discovered that ivtv wasn't loading at boot time.

Without and exact error of course it is hard to comment on the mythbackend
failure.

~cj