[mythtv-users] nForce2 motherboards

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Oct 18 11:38:06 EDT 2003

On Saturday, Oct 18, 2003, at 07:10 US/Pacific, Myster Man wrote:

> I too am running the Chaintech 7NIF2, and I am very pleased with it,
> but
> one word of caution for anyone who's looking at this board. I first
> thought this board was bad, cause linux couldn't access the real time
> clock, but apparently you just have to have kernel version 2.4.22 with
> the nforce support in it. So if you are planning on using a
> distribution
> with an older kernel this board will not work for you.

What distribution? I think people using the latest released Red Hat
kernel should also be fine, because Red Hat back-ports anything
significant like that. (The latest Red Hat kernel in Rawhide is
2.4.22-based, the latest released kernel is 2.4.20-based, but like I
said, they back-port all the goodies.)

> And I've also
> found that It works much better using the NVAGP than AGPGart.

I'm using AGPGART without problems at the moment, but I'm going to try
switching to NvAGP a bit later...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE