[mythtv-users] Success story and my own Tivo comparison ( long and windy )

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 15:44:06 EDT 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 05:32 pm, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> > added
> > > On my 0.11 system, as often as not, that will cause the frontend to
lockup,
> > > deleting from the delete recordings screen doesn't exhibit this
behaviour.
> > That shouldn't happen....
>

> Just figured out when this will happen consistently.
>
> I have dual tuners, a PVR-250 and an ATI TV Wonder, the 250 is the primary
> card for recording. If I am watching a previous recording on the 250 and a
> second show starts recording on the TV Wonder, if I finish watching the
> prerecorded show and hit esc and then select delete show and select the
> confirmation to delete, this locks up the frontend, alt-f4 etc do not work >
> at this point.

When you say 'watching a previous recording on the 250', do you mean 'watching
an in-progress recording'?  If you're watching something previously recorded,
it doesn't use the tuner card.

> Also the backend and maybe the ivtv drivers goes screwy at this
> point, the only way I've found to fully recover is to reboot, init 1 then
> init 5 doesn't solve the problem, nor does shutting down the backend,
> unloading the alsa drivers, btaudio, bttv and any related modules and then
> reloading them all.

If my previous comment is accurate, it could be an ivtv driver issue.  You
said you unloaded/reloaded ALSA/btaudio/bttv, but did you try
unloading/reloading ivtv?

-JAC