[mythtv-users] Satellite question.

Brad Sagowitz mythtv at sagz.dynip.com
Thu Oct 16 15:37:14 EDT 2003

> I am more than a little unsure why people would order any variety of
> expensive receiver for DirecTV/Myth..

The only receiver I payed for was the Executive Director everything else was
free. I got the exec cause I will have it directly connected to my projector
(when it comes in)

> Having said that, your executive director (GCEB0) will do a serial cable
> setup, so I think it would be wise to look in that direction. It should
> have an RJ22 jack in the back, which will permit it to communicate
> directly with your serial port.. I'm not sure about the reliability of
> the IR blaster, but I'm relatively confident that the serial option will
> be quicker and more reliable than an IR option..

I only have one Exec. so that would leave my two pvr-250's with nothing to
do.  I don't use MythTV to cache livetv I just use it as  really cool VCR.

> In all you try, good luck : )

Hehe thanks!