[mythtv-users] Backend 3000 miles away (kinda)

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Thu Oct 16 15:12:43 EDT 2003

No, lirc is still used to receive signals for the Hauppauge remote.

> If so, then how does the system respond to the hauppauge
> remote (is the answer "it doesn't")? Does the cable box send
> any IR codes it receives TO the mythTV box - in which case I
> only use the remote that came with the cable box?

You will still use the Hauppauge remote.  You'll use a channel change script
(search the archives) to change channels on the cable box.  Basically this
is a perl script that sends out commands over the serial cable to change
channels on your cable box.  When myth receive a channel change request (via
the Hauppauge remote), it internally call this script to perform the change.
See the mythtv setup for where to specify the full path to this
command/script that you installed.

- Willy