[mythtv-users] Re: mythmusic CDs and cddb

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Oct 15 21:44:08 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 08:10 pm, you wrote:

> I don't know how
> many people (if any at all) use mythmusic without a dedicated
> internet link, I don't. Since you graciously added the track1,
> track2, etc. feature, contacting cddb could be made an option.

	Problem is the option that is there now (Automatically Lookup CD),
doesn't work quite as a non-connected user who still wants to play
CD's would want it to. You should, however, be able to edit your
~/.cdserverrc file and get it to point to an invalid host. The
"lookup" would come back very quickly with a failure.

>     I had another request that may not be as easy to answer.  I
> assume you inserted the code for track1, track2 etc.  into
> mythmusic CVS.  I didn't particularly want to download the newest
> CVS version of mythmusic/mythtv but I still wanted this feature.  I
> would figure if this feature doesn't use the database, I could find
> the changes to the mythmusic code, manually code in track1, track2,
> etc. with my (paltry) knowledge of C/C++ and re-complile mythmusic
> (sort of a custom compile).  If this 1) makes sense and 2) is at
> all possible, could you point me toward the code in question?

	You want to look at the cvs tree on line to get a quick idea of what
I changed:

		http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/

	In particular, you can want to look at the Diff to previous 1.12 and
Diff to previous 1.11 at:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythmusic/mythmusic/playlist.cpp

- thor