[mythtv-users] mythgame and browsing long rom lists

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Wed Oct 15 10:14:00 EDT 2003

[comments below]

>> Ideally I'd like to add an "Alpha" option to the display tree options
>> along with Genre, Year, etc. I'd also like to add the ability to
>> browse the list a page at a time instead of only a line at a time.
>>

>This might be handy. Maybe could be borrowed from the "Program Finder"...

>-Joe

This is something I've been thinking about recently, and would be willing to
work on, for mythmusic.  I have roughly 11,000 mp3's (all categorized by
artist->album), and it's a pain to browse these by one long list of artists.
While it's helpful that you can jump through the list by letter, I've always
wondered if a program-finder-type browse mode would be more helpful...  is
this already being worked on or thought about?

- Willy