[mythtv-users] Permissions problem with mythweb

Wed Oct 15 11:04:55 EDT 2003

> Hmm.  You've tried restarting apache, I presume?  I've noticed (at least
> for login shells) you need to logout and log in again to get group
> additions to work.

Hah!  That was it!  Thanks!  Well I never new that was a problem, I had assumed that group changes would be immediate...

Ah well, that's what you get for running Linux I suppose.... My windows machine would have been rebooted by now and I wouldn't have had the problem....  :-)

Thanks

P.S. For the benefits of anyone else on gentoo trying the same.  Permissions are "myth:myth" (rwxr-x---) on all files including the home dir itself.  The group myth contains (myth,apache) - although I guess the myth user doesn't technically need to be in there it may well be useful later though.