[mythtv-users] Re: zap2it.com page not found

Steven Bennett sablists at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 15 01:00:15 EDT 2003

Jayson Garrell wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 14:36, IvanK. wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to run mythfilldatabase and get 404: Not found.  I went to the
>> website and manually entered my zip code and sure enough I get the 404 page
>> not found error.  Any idea what's up?
>
> I just did the same thing with my zip code and had no problems.

I'm having the exact same problem.  Apparently some people are working, and
some aren't.  It's far from clear to me just what is making the difference.

I've tried this with XMLTV 0.5.17 and 0.5.19 with the same results, and of
course the website is also returning an error.  It's actually rather
annoying timing -- I just found out my cron job wasn't running for some
reason and my database was completely empty, when I tried this today...

(Or maybe it has been running and I haven't succeeded for a week -- I don't
have any log...)

I see another thread is also discussing this problem and tried mucking with
the URL with no success either.  Any suggestions?

I wonder if this is related in any fashion to the Comcast (my provider)
issues which closed some ports and killed a variety of web services and
online games recently...  Probably not, but it's another data point to look
at.

-->Steve Bennett