[mythtv-users] Woo-hoo, I got my G200 working :)

SB sb at sbdj.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 00:36:21 EDT 2003

The last week or so I've been running my PVR machine under windows,
trialling ShowShifter. Unfortunately having a Marvel G200 means VfW drivers,
so most software doesn't work, and that which does is more than a bit flaky.

I read through this lists archives, and whilst getting the G200 working
under Linux had a mixed bag of comments from people I worked through it this
evening and have managed to get both the video in and video out functions of
the G200 working with MythTV. If anyone is still having problems, I'd be
happy to offer any of my experiences in getting my system up and running!

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who have posted on this topic in the
past with helpful hints as the list proved to be a valuable resource in this
task.

I have to say, MythTV seems so much more impressive than ShowShifter so far -
 especially since quite a few people told me to steer clear of Linux for a
homebrew PVR system...

Thanks again!

SB