[mythtv-users] Re:MythTV compile problem w/ XvMC support

Chris Delis chris at delis.net
Sat Oct 11 00:35:04 EDT 2003

Hello Jarod:

I seem to have XvMC working correctly with a dual-headed X.

Have you tried defining your TV Screen to the "LeftOf" the Monitor instead
of "RightOf".  I can't remember exactly why I did this (it was a while
ago) but it was for a good reason (not XvMC-related issue but something
else -- I think it was a "tearing" video issue).  However, it might be
worth at least trying.  Here's my ServerLayout:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier       "Server Layout"
        Screen  "PCScreen"
        Screen  "TVScreen" LeftOf "PCScreen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

...which I believe correlates to your layout like so:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier "Server Layout"
	Screen 0 "Screen0"
	Screen 1 "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
	InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
	InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Chris

-----------------------------

Jarod,

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my terminology is muddled. I meant a
secondary display, but I don't think it's TwinView). My XF86Config-4 file
is below. If you (or anyone) has a suggested config that would work with
dual non-mirrored displays I would be extremely greatful.

Section "Files"
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server independent
of
# the X server to render fonts.
FontPath "unix/:-1"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
#DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
AllowMouseOpenFail # allows the server to start up even if the mouse
doesn't work
#DontZoom # disable <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> (resolution switching)
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
Load "extmod"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx" # 3D layer
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard1"
Driver "Keyboard"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbCompat" ""
Option "XkbOptions" ""
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons"
Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Plug'n Play"
ModelName "Dell D1025HTX"
HorizSync 30-70
VertRefresh 50-120

# Sony Vaio C1(X,XS,VE,VN)?
# 1024x480 @ 85.6 Hz, 48 kHz hsync
ModeLine "1024x480" 65.00 1024 1032 1176 1344 480 488 494 563
-hsync -vsync

# TV fullscreen mode or DVD fullscreen output.
# 768x576 @ 79 Hz, 50 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 50.00 768 832 846 1000 576 590 595 630

# 768x576 @ 100 Hz, 61.6 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 63.07 768 800 960 1024 576 578 590 616
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor1"
HorizSync 30-50
VertRefresh 60
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "NVCRT"
VendorName "PNY"
BoardName "nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440"
Driver "nvidia"
BusID "PCI:01:00:0"
Screen 0
Option "NoLogo" "1"
Option "UseEdidFreqs" "1"
Option "RenderAccel" "1"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "NVTV"
VendorName "PNY"
BoardName "nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440"
Driver "nvidia"
BusID "PCI:01:00:0"
Screen 1
Option "ConnectMonitor" "tv"
Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
Option "NoLogo" "1"
Option "RenderAccel" "1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "NVCRT"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultColorDepth 24

Subsection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
ViewPort 0 0
EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "Screen"