[mythtv-users] Re: monitor and tv out with nvidia drivers

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 21:02:13 EDT 2003

> >> Also, I cannot make Mythfrontend appear on the tv side, it
> always opens
> >> up on the monitor side (at least it isn't trying to
> stretch across both
> >> screens!). Do you know how I can make the frontend only
> appear on the tv
> >> side?
> >
> > Ack. I can't recall off-hand. I don't even actually use
> that setup anymore
> > since moving to a VGA->Component Video adapter... TwinView
> is completely
> > disabled on my system. Perhaps someone else on the list can
> lend a hand...
>
> I've just had another read of the nVidia docs, I've got an
> idea to try but
> can't check until I am home tonight. It seems that Twinview
> exports the
> normal Xinerama extensions by default. If this is the case,
> then I can use
> MythTV's preferences to use Xinerama screen 1. Should work,
> but it's all
> just theory at the moment.

Jarod,

just wanted to thank you for all your help (and for making me aware of
your very useful webpage). I have set up the metamode now and have
MythTV configured to use Xinerama screen 1 so it now shows on tv. Also
had to set the MythVideo settings so that the mplayer command includes
"-xineramascreen 1", otherwise it was playing on the monitor rather than
tv. I need to do the same for MythDVD for DVD and VCD playback but the
command isn't editable. I'll have to hunt that one down. But thank you
very much for all your help.

Regards,
Andrew