[mythtv-users] hauppauge receiver and TiVo remote

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 11:30:45 EDT 2003

The Hauppauge receivers will work only with RC-5
remote codes.  I don't know what the Tivo remote uses,
but if absolutely none of the buttons work, I'm
guessing it's not RC-5.

I'd say that your best bet is to either get a
programmable remote (via JP1 perhaps) and hope that
you can program RC-5 codes to it, or get an IRMan, and
then it doesn't matter.

I'm using an IRMan with an OneForAll remote (one of
their PVR remotes), and it works great, after some
remapping of the buttons.  And, if I decide to learn
how to solder and get a few parts, I can convert it
into a fully programmable JP1 remote (or I could just
buy a premodded one).

-- Joe