[mythtv-users] Re: mythfilldatabase - connection refused

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Sun Oct 5 21:29:28 EDT 2003

Michael Dannhorn <michael.dannhorn at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This weekend I setup a fresh installation on Linux-Mandrake 9.1 and
> tried to setup mythTV.
>
> The Setup of the different components and packages worked well due to
> the import of XMLTV and channels.
>
> 1. When I try to import the XMLTV files with 'mythtvfilldatabase' I get
> this message (I created them with the script 'tvmoviefetch' provided by
> 'http://www.bucksch.com/1/projects/various/xmltv/'):
>
>    > mythfilldatabase --file 0 -1 /home/test/xmltv/all.xmltv
> 	### bypassing grabbers, reading directly from file
> 	--18:41:21--  http://localhost/s32_goldstr.gif
>            => `s32_goldstr.gif'
> 	Auflösen des Hostnamen »localhost«.... fertig.
> 	Verbindungsaufbau zu localhost[127.0.0.1]:80... failed: 	Connection
> refused.

Have a look at what wget is trying to fetch. Simply ignore this
kind of error.

> 	Adjusting program database end times...
> 	0 replacements made.
>
> 2. When I try to import my working xawtv settings I get this:
>
>    > mythfilldatabase --xawchannels 0 /home/dannhmch/.xawtv

Why did you specify '0' as the sourceid? Have another look at the
docs. Err, doesn't seem to be mentioned :-(. Account that to the
fact that mythtv's main developer sits in the US where all
channel information is part of the xmltv file. So he doesn't care much
about us europeans. ;)

If your tuner card is setup correctly you should call it:

      mythfilldatabase --manual --preset --xawchannels 1 .xawtv

I set up my channels 'long' time ago (was a bit messier back then), where
mythfilldatabase didn't had all the options it has today.
So to be on the save side i'd recommend to use --manual.
See mythfilldatabase --help for what these options are.

> What ist the right prcedure to setup the database correctly?
> Whats wrong on my setup (on mysql?)?

Nothing it seems.

HTH, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson