[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase - connection refused

Michael Dannhorn michael.dannhorn at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 19:53:17 EDT 2003

Hi,

This weekend I setup a fresh installation on Linux-Mandrake 9.1 and
tried to setup mythTV.

The Setup of the different components and packages worked well due to
the import of XMLTV and channels.

1. When I try to import the XMLTV files with 'mythtvfilldatabase' I get
this message (I created them with the script 'tvmoviefetch' provided by
'http://www.bucksch.com/1/projects/various/xmltv/'):

   > mythfilldatabase --file 0 -1 /home/test/xmltv/all.xmltv
	### bypassing grabbers, reading directly from file
	--18:41:21--  http://localhost/s32_goldstr.gif
           => `s32_goldstr.gif'
	Auflösen des Hostnamen »localhost«.... fertig.
	Verbindungsaufbau zu localhost[127.0.0.1]:80... failed: 	Connection
refused.
	--18:41:21--  http://localhost/s32_sw.gif
	   => `s32_sw.gif'
	Auflösen des Hostnamen »localhost«.... fertig.
	Verbindungsaufbau zu localhost[127.0.0.1]:80... failed: 	Connection
refused
	Adjusting program database end times...
	0 replacements made.

2. When I try to import my working xawtv settings I get this:

   > mythfilldatabase --xawchannels 0 /home/dannhmch/.xawtv
	### reading channels from xawtv configfile
	Adjusting program database end times...
	0 replacements made.

What ist the right prcedure to setup the database correctly?
Whats wrong on my setup (on mysql?)?

My system:
 - Linux-mandrake 9.1 fresh out of the box installed for mythtv
 - a BT878 TV Card (working under xawtv)
 - attached to german-cable

Thanx
Michael