[mythtv-users] Geforce4 440MX (Gainward) tv out black&white

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 3 12:53:08 EDT 2003

On Friday, Oct 3, 2003, at 02:29 US/Pacific, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> On Friday 03 October 2003 10:36 am, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>> I want to say that it was the removal of the "ConnectedMonitor"
>> setting
>> that fixed it. Instead, I let the card auto-detect the displays, and
>> the problem went away. Can't test it anymore though (at least not very
>> easily), because I'm now just using VGA -> Component video (though
>> under this setup, I can't ever use VTs; even the bios screen is
>> scrambled, so nada until X loads, but the picture quality is worth
>> it).
>
> Hmmm, I'll give it a try, but I don't think that will fix my problem.
> Currently, everything (including VTs) looks great using VGA; on the
> TV-out,
> the BIOS & boot messages are great, and X is great, but once X has
> started
> the framebuffer console VTs are all scrambled.

That's exactly the problem I had that was fixed by removing the
"ConnectedMonitor" line(s) in my config.

> It looks like a refresh rate
> or sync issue, and I'm almost sure that the proper modeline for fbset
> will
> fix it.  I seem to recall that before I enabled the framebuffer
> console (to
> get a boot splash screen), the VTs were fine.

Now I haven't done the bootsplash part (I just use rhgb), so I dunno
what impact that'll have on the situation. I'd be interested to hear
your solution though, as it might possibly lend me some insight into
how I could get back VT ability (and BIOS viewability).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...